Saturday, August 17, 2013

Saturday Stash

Just a quick post to catch up today.  I have some finished stuff....



The hand towel is finished.  I like it a lot but it will be a gift not a keeper.  They say that the best gifts are the ones that you want to keep.  This must be a great gift!  The cotton is so soft and thick; it was a pleasure to knit up.  And easy, too.


I have a shawl just starting. I am using the pattern for Annis which is doubly fitting because it is for Anne.  She chose the yarn from Paradise Fibers but I got to choose the pattern.  It's an alpaca/wool blend and I think it will be toasty warm as a scarf worn on a cold, windy day.  Winter will come back.


And, I'm going round and round on this skirt which has been on the needles for wa-a-ay too long.  It's about half-way there and I'm determined to finish it.  Actually, a simple pattern with a bit of lace at the bottom.  I'm not positive of the exact fiber but it is wool of some sort. I quite like the b/w tweedy look and suspect it is two different fibers plied together.   I have have knit up, washed and dyed a swatch.  It fluffs up and softens quite well with a soak and takes dye, too.  Knitting it is like working with mountain goat yarn...or what I imagine that to be like.  I'm not sure whether I should dye it when it's finished.  I didn't even contemplate dyeing it before casting on.  Can you see the gigantic cone of this stuff?  Too much skeining for me and my niddy-noddy.  So, as add rows around the perimeter, I keep wondering: should I dye it or not?  What do you think?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As usual, lots to keep you busy. Lovely colour for Anne's shawl.
If the skirt is for you, take it to your wardrobe and see what it goes great with and go from there in your decision to dye or not.

Mimi said...

Just popping by to wish you a Happy Christmas, hope you had a good one, including your family gathering. Did you ceidhlí?
The towel is very beautiful, lucky one who was gifted it.

play bazaar said...


You need to wait until you find the right person when hiring a new employee.playbazaarHiring someone that you know will not be a good fit is a waste of time to both you and difficulty in remedying the problem.satta king

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin