Saturday, June 29, 2013

Saturday Stash

I seem to have become a once-a-week blogger.  That isn't intentional but hey! it's better than nothing at all, isn't it?  This is where the chorus says Yes.


Today, I have finished and unfinished projects to report.  Tea cosies make up half and they are so quick and easy that it's hard to resist them.  Especially when I have so many small amounts of yarn in my stash.  Plus, there are so many fun patterns.  This is my version of Spotty Dotty Tea Cosy.  It reminds me of the Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini.  Yeah, I am that old.


But sometimes, I just like to do my own thing.  This is my Tea Party cosy.  Very easy.  Anyone could recreate this design just by looking at it, I think.  We've had such a string of gray and misty days that these bright colors were just perfect on the needles. 


And, I found this sparkly yarn in one of the more recent additions to my stash.  Just enough for a tiny glam sweater and a pair of shoes for steppin' out.  I made this pattern a couple of years ago and it was perfect over grandbaby Number Four's onesy or T-shirt and leggings.   I've just seen the ultra-sound photo of Number Five and there's no clue if this will be suitable.  If big brother has his way, it will not be!


And, right now, I'm using up a fairly large bit of light blue worsted.  Granddaughter Number two enjoys wearing dresses.  Especially knitted ones because they are easy to pull on over anything...seriously, anything.  And they fit for a lo-ong time.   The original pattern has a stranded jelly bean design around the hem.   Since I don't enjoy stranded knitting, I have taken some stash multi-colors and knit some ribbons into slip-stitch beading.  The jumper itself is easy to knit and will be fun to wear. Hope she likes it as much as I do.

And that's the week.  The stash is going down -  but so slowly.   All this week and last I feel like I've been in meetings.  Unfortunately, knitting isn't an activity to take to a meeting.  I'm not convinced that they wouldn't be more productive, if it were.  Just sayin'.










3 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...

What a pretty selection. You've been busy.

Mimi said...

Ooh, I love the bright tea cosies! They would really turn a pot of tea into a party!
Congrats on no 5, wow that's lots of grandchildren, will keep you busy knitting for quite a while.
And once-a-week blogging is definitely better than (what I'm managing) nothing at all. But I will be back soon, am away at the mo, taking lots of photos!

Rudee said...

It's a Rasta Cosy! Love. It!

I may need some pattern notes. I'm not nearly as creative as you.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin