Sunday, December 23, 2012

Sunday Wonders - X

X is for Xmas.  The timing for this letter is perfect.  I don't really see this abbreviated version of Christmas around as much as I used to.  Perhaps it has fallen out of favor?  I know I'm not a fan.  However, it works for this post.



Here is Christmas.  In two big containers.  It seems somewhat unassuming - and out of focus, sorry - to be the source of so much remembered joy and some sadness, too.  Much like the origin of Christmas itself.


As I open the boxes, out of the wrapping paper comes the Nativity creches.  We used to have more but they have been shared with our kids or given away.


The little Christmas tree is heavy with a burden of ornaments too numerous - and some too large - for its tiny branches.  But, no matter...I want to have them on the tree.


My Santa collection hasn't grown for some years but it hasn't really shrunk, either.  Each Santa is carefully placed on the shelf.    I can tell you where each one came from.  Some were gifts; some were purchased on holidays.  Each one is a memory. 


The only Christmas baking to be done around here is in the porcelain village bakery.  It's time to turn the baking duties over to the younger generation.  I'm not complaining.  Not at all. 









In the growing darkness of this shortened December day, the fishmonger's shop and the pottery glow like beacons.  I wish all my blogging friends  a bright and warm Christmas holiday! 

3 comments:

Kim said...

Merry Christmas Stephanie.

Annie Jeffries said...

Merry Christmas to you and all of your loved ones, Stephanie.

Annie

Rudee said...

Your holiday treasures are beautiful.

Merry Christmas, Stephanie.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin