Saturday, September 8, 2012

Saturday Stash

Another week flying by...



Another small crop of knitting produced and harvested for the donation shelves.  I did get out the sewing needle and put the puzzle sweater together for some little girl.  I like how it turned out and would make it again.  Think it would be better in wool with its fuzziness to help blend the shaping stitches. 



I finished the Wild & Woolly boot socks.  I really like them but they, too, are for the donation shelf. 



And since, I still had yarn left, I started another pair.  I'm hoping that by using both the green and the brown, I will have enough for a shorter, smaller pair of similar socks.  Believe it or not, the same green yarn is in both.  Funny what the camera does with available light.  The second sock is on the needles and now it's just a case of knitting fast enough to make sure the yarn doesn't run out.  That's how it works for me, anyway.  I can't wait to cross this bag of yarn off the inventory list. 

Today, I'm off to sit at a booth and explain our programs to interested seniors.  The sun is shining and I'll be knitting that second sock. 



5 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...

The little sweater is adorable. Some little girl, somewhere, is going to be stylin' and loving it.

Empty Nester said...

When I finally get some grands, you are welcome to knit them anything at all. LOL Cutest sweater EVER!

Catherine said...

I love these and I wanted to share with you that I am making socks two at a time on the magic loop! I got a cool book on how to do it and it is easier than I thought it would be! Will blog about it soon!
Catherine x

Mimi said...

Love the little "frill" on the cardi, and the colours you chose are beautiful. It will be a lucky little girl who wears that.
Hard to believe it's the same green in those socks!

Rudee said...

Maybe non knitters don't know what a big act of kindness donating socks may be, but I do. You're a good soul Stephanie. The cardigan is adorable!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin