Friday, May 18, 2012

Day off

 
Yesterday we took a  day off from our volunteer work which can resemble work more than fun some weeks.  I took a day off from pattern decisions and we went out to play.  This was also a kind of pre-birthday gift.  Anne had always wanted to have lunch at the Furry Creek Golf Club so off we went.  I thought about making it a surprise - kidnapping and blindfolding her.  But it's a long-ish drive and I knew she'd figure it out anyway.  Or I'd break down and tell her.  Here are just a few snaps from the day ...


A quick stop at Britannia Beach to look around and walk a bit since we were early for lunch.  This baby starling popped out of his nest hole to greet us.


 The community church has been re-purposed.  Letters to God?

 Before the trip we had picked up some toys to be sorted from the thrift shop.  This guy growls and roars.  I couldn't find his off switch.  Every bump seemed to inspire a roar.  There were two of these puppets - no way to even get the batteries out.  And an odd insect-looking thing that yipped.  On every bump. 


Our view from the lunch table...


A cascading waterfall backdrop for their wedding reception room...


A footbridge at Britannia which led to a path along the creek.  This tiny community has been the location for several movies. I have seen none of them. 


This is the creek under the bridge. 

Being a tourist in your own town...always fun.  And it always leaves you wondering why you don't do it more often.  But then we're back to that ordinary world and exploring has to wait for another day.    

9 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh WOW, I can't believe you haven't posted these things before!! It is the first time you have been? Love the baby bird and the beautiful view. So funny about your noisy driving companions. Even so, it still sounds like a perfect day, I would have been in heaven!

Annie Jeffries said...

What a fun day. And I love your droll humor. Noisy toys? May I suggest the trunk??

Rudee said...

The scenery is just beautiful!

Happy Pre-Birthday to Anne!

SueH said...

That looks delightful! (it's going on my 'Bucket list'!)

Ladydragonfly1958 said...

Oh my gosh! What wonderful photographs. The views are stunning. I love reading your posts and have given you an award which you may pick up here http://theworldofjulieb.blogspot.com/
Hope you have a fantastic day!

Mimi said...

I'd say it was a very interesting journey with all those noises going on!
Stunning scenery- I can see why Anne would have that on her list of places to visit.
Glad you had a good day's play! And thanks for sharing the fun with us!

Tanna said...

Oh, this was an adventure I would love. Such great views. Those puppets look like something my grandsons would love.... and their Noni would want to be bashing in after a few hours of their noises! LOL! blessings ~ tanna

Angie said...

Why is it called 'furry' Creek? Great shots, btw.

Jeannette StG said...

Beautiful country! And I love that footbridge:)
For approx. 4-5 months I've only post and replied, because I had a writing project due.
So, now I'm catching up on as much as possible!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin