Monday, April 23, 2012

A - Z Challenge: T

T is for Temptation.

To  me a temptation is something to distract me from the task I have decided must be done.  Or it's a way of avoiding a deadline that looms but isn't quite close enough for the thrill of the risk. 


Having a nice new novel by one of my favorite newly-discovered authors is a good reason to hope for a rainy day when I can't see the garden through the drops running down the windowpane.  Imagine Ian Rankin meets Ruth Rendell in Glasgow.  Great characters.  Hard to put down once started.



This one I try to ration.  I really don't want to eat more than a couple of squares but, hey!  it sometimes has a very sexy, voice.  And it calls.  What's two more squares?


Then there's the temptation of newly wound balls of sock yarn.  Just waiting for me to start another pair of socks.  It doesn't matter if I'm in the middle of another project.  Oh, I just want to see what this yarn looks like knit up.  Just let me cast on.  Not enough...I'll have to knit a few rows. 

It's no wonder deadlines can't compete.


6 comments:

Empty Nester said...

I'm trying out a new-to-me author this week. We'll see how it goes. I might need to get me some chocolate to put on the side table. Maybe that will assure it goes well? LOL

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your two balls of tempting yarn are so very pretty,,,again, you choose the softest and most gorgeous colors. As to the chocolate, you have more willpower than me, I would eat the whole bar!

Dana said...

Just stumbled upon your blog. I envy you your willpower--I always have good intentions, but before I know it, the whole bar of chocolate has disappeared!

Fun post!

Teresa Cypher said...

Ha! The sexy voice... and it calls! I love it! Now I know how to rationalize what goes on with me and the chocolate! Great post :-) Nice to "meet" you! New follower :-)

Lisa Southard said...

How timely- I have just eaten four whole squares of dark seductive chocolate- and here I am reading when I should be writing! But living without these pleasures is not an option! :-)

J.G. said...

Ha! Love your take on the thrill of the deadline! I can so relate. (Also to the voice of the chocolate . . .)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin