Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Chattin'

Yes!  It's time to go for a little walk down the road and sit a while on the farmhouse porch with Patrice and the gang.  I can tell you that I am going to enjoy every minute and soak up the relaxation - it's been a stressful couple of days.  I've been working wa-ay out of my current comfort zone and it looks like that's going to continue for a few weeks.

 
 But the birds are singing!  That means that spring is definitely in the air.  Everything is budding, the Indian plum is blooming in the woods.  It's time to get out in the garden and prepare for those summer veggies.  I've packed my knitting but no carrots today.  I hear Wendell favors chicken chasing this week and I'm certainly not going to pack any of those!  But, there's a lot of folks gathered already.  Can you hear them?

 What's your favorite type of chair?  To sit in - or to look at?  My favorite to sit in would have to be the one I'm in right now - my office chair.  It's comfy and has arms and I can wheel around the room when I'm too lazy to stand up and walk to something I need.  To look at would be the wooden Shaker-style chairs.

What was the last play you saw?  I'm scratching my head to remember when I last saw a play. I did see a live stage performance of The Buddy Holly Story last fall...does that count?

If you could spend an all expenses paid week in a cabin in the mountains, a cottage at the beach, or a townhouse in a city with lots of great attractions, which would you choose?  My realistic side says the cottage by the sea.  My practical side says if the expenses are all paid, a townhouse in the city sounds pretty nice, too.   I'm not crazy about the idea of being in a cabin in the mountains.  Truth to tell, I'm pretty close to having all three since the beach isn't all that far away, I'm pretty close to all the attractions of the city and I live on the side of a mountain.  I'm just missing the all-expenses-paid part.

What's your favorite condiment?  I'm not really that crazy about using condiments with my food.  But the one I like the best - when it's suitable - is a spicy  tomato salsa.  


What's your favorite breed of dog?  OK...I'm really feeling like I'm a party pooper, here.  I'm so not a dog person.  But I do love to watch the sheep dogs work.  I admire their intelligence, their agility and their tenacity.  My choice would have  to be the  border collies for their sharp but gentle looks.  As long as someone else is looking after them - right?

Thanks, Patrice.  It's been fun as always.  I'm sure there's still room on the porch if you want to head on over to Everyday Rurality and have a chat. 

 

5 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am not a dog person, either! We like cats. And NO to the cabin in the woods! All of civilization has been working to get us OUT of the woods for many years. Also no to the snakes and spiders and anything rustic!

Patrice said...

You really have question 3 answered well! All three at once.:) I love watching Border Collies working. I hadn't thought of more than one possible answer for question 1- sitting in a chair definitely appeals to me more than looking at one after a busy day.:)

Farm Girl said...

Really you already live on the side of a mountain? How very nice. It would be nice to be close to a beach too. I think sitting in a comfy chair and sewing is just the best.
Have you had rain? Lots of rain. :) I hope it makes its way down here.

Cindy said...

Buy a lottery ticket, and wish for the all expenses paid. Living on the side of a mountain is a lovely place of peace to be. I've missed so much but had to take a little gap and refresh. I've missed you my friend.

Rudee said...

Woof. Leo just told me he thinks he can change you into a dog whisperer.

I love the mountains. I love the sea, too. I should move to a mountainous island. One where the volcano, though once ferocious, is now extinct.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin