Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday wonders - M

M is for Meals.  This is a reprise of a favorite theme.  All kinds of creatures munching or waiting for something to lunch on. 


Herons are so patient...


Turtles don't seem to have that patience; they chase their meal down.


This green guy thinks a BBQ might have some food.  Good idea!


Gulls find treats along the seashore...


Deer forage in the blackberry brambles...


Even people like to eat outside.


Roses harbor aphids which is good hunting ground for a ladybug.


And how could the soul not be satisfied with a feast of beauty? 

9 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

The last picture literally took my breath away when I first saw it!!!!! Your close-up of the deer munching is so good! And the ladybug, I love it. It is hard to get good close-ups of ladybugs!!! This post shows off what a really good photographer you are. You should go out in search of nature pictures and post them more often, this has really been a treat!!!

Joyful said...

It looks like a lovely day when you are having your picnic, and what a healthy lunch too! I love the bottom photo. I simply love big bunches of wild flowers.

Tanna said...

Oh, it was a feast of visual beauty!! LOVED those last two photos! blessings ~ tanna

Joanna said...

What a loveky post. I wish I could add the picture we saw tonight of Geordie watching us steak. He was transfixed!

Mimi said...

Hi, you're #178 now and I'm #177. we should be friends. (the A to Z challenge)

you took gorgeous photos, thanks for sharing.


Mimi Torchia Boothby Watercolors

Empty Nester said...

Such a lovely post! I like the way you can take a theme and weave it the way you do.

Cindy said...

Wonderful shots, That ladybug is impressive for sure. Oh, I can't wait until we can eat outside again. Is the last picture of lupins? I can't believe I have been on a blog break for almost a month, missed your posts but had to get at some pressing jobs in the jar, missed your posts.

Anonymous said...

So well done, great :-D

J.G. said...

So nice! Makes me want some al fresco myself . . .

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin