Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Chattin'

It's that day again.  The sun is shining today and the frost is white and furry on the rooftops.  Sunrise was an amazing magenta that covered the eastern horizon.  About the color of the inside of a blood orange.  Right now I'm gathering up my knitting and setting off to meet up with everyone who's hanging out at Patrice's place today.

 
 The conversation has already begun so I'll jump in and catch up with everybody.  Here we go...

How often do you wear a skirt or dress?  Way more often since I've lost weight.  It's kind of weird that skirts are not something I wanted to wear when I was heavier.  They would probably have looked OK but for some reason I wasn't comfortable in them.  Now I love them.  Skirts, that is.  I hardly ever wear dresses.  I think there's something too same-y about a dress that doesn't  appeal to me.  

Did you feel unmotivated after Christmas and New Years? Oh, you mean, like how I wished the holiday break would just go on and on?  It was really hard to get back to regular stuff after a pleasant two-week break.  I got very used to just doing whatever I wanted whenever I wanted.  

What was the last thing that made you say "Wow"?  Seeing my 7-year-old granddaughter in her just-off-the needles sweater.  It should have been big on her based on measurements taken at Hallowe'en but it was just perfect as long as she stays that size.  Must knit faster.


Do you shop with a list, or do you "wing it"?  Mostly I wing it.  Now that I'm older and my memory is imperfect I'm more easily distracted, I find I need a list if I have to buy anything out of the ordinary.   I'm not a particularly impulsive shopper so winging it is my preferred way to shop.  Just another of my 'don't tie me down' quirks. 

And now Patrice asks one of my favorites: what questions would you like me to ask on our chat?  I have a couple of requests...if that's OK.  I would like to know:


Which kind of competition  do you prefer to watch:  dancing, singing or cooking?


How many different addresses did you have while growing up?  


Thanks, Patrice, for hosting another chat.  They are always fun and if you'd like to join in , just visit Everyday Rurality and sign in. 
And, now, since the holiday is really over, it's back to work for me.

9 comments:

Maria said...

You do knit so fast! It does make me think I should start finding the next size of clothes though. She'll need them soon!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I go to great lengths to only wear pants, because I'm so lazy about shaving my legs! Plus I'm fat again, and look awful in skirts. I useed to look better in them like you do back when I had lost weight. Did you get any pictures of that sunrise?

Patrice said...

I like your questions! How exciting it must be to see your granddaughter in the sweater you just finished. I wish I was that good at knitting. Have a wonderful week!

Visits With Mary said...

I love your remark about being easily distracted...I suffer from that too.;-)

Mimi said...

Isn't it amazing how quickly they grow sometimes? every time we look at son, he's shot up again! And don't they LOVE to be told they've grown.
Re dresses, I've recently decided they're so handy I love them! Having not owned a dress for about 20 years, I now have about 5! For work, I find it great to only have to think about 1 item in the morning.

Farm Girl said...

It all looks good, I enjoy reading your answers.

Tanna said...

Love the part about the lists. LOL! I'm a natural born winger, but age has made a few notes a necessity. LOL! Wow moments of seeing your grands in handknits is one of the joys of life!! blessings ~ tanna

Rudee said...

I think to keep up with children, you have to be a knitting machine! I want to know the answers to both questions. I'm nosy that way!

Anonymous said...

I prefer to watch dancing and cooking primarily I think.
I like to listen to singing when the voices are good, rather than competing to be so.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin