Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Chattin'

Something special today for the chat on the front porch.


It's kind of cold for the porch and Patrice has invited us right into her living room.  No, really.  She made a little video and showed us her favorite ornamnets and her beautiful Christmas tree.  Best of all, I could see her and hear her. And, now let's join in the chat...


Via video, Patrice asks: What is your favorite Christmas tradition? That would be the stockings.  I think the idea of filling up a stocking with small gifts for someone is what Christmas is all about.  This tradition  has evolved over the years but is always present.  No matter how small a celebration we have, there are always stockings.  

Big  question that everybody seems to be asking this year:  Are you ready for Christmas? Not quite...I still have some gifts to buy.  There's grocery shopping to do and some goodies to make.  Not a lot since all the big dinners and parties will be at other homes this year.  But still, just a little fun.

And the last:  What would you like to talk about if you were over at her house?  Well, that's kind of funny because  I really felt like I was at Patrice's house today.  But I get it.  I think I'd like to talk about the farm.  I live in a city and I know I don't appreciate what it's like to live and work on a farm.  Of course, I'd want a tour to meet all the animals - especially Wendell.  


Why don't you hop over and have a visit with Patrice at Everyday Rurality

6 comments:

Rudee said...

There is nothing like the joy of the contents of the Christmas stocking. I'm thinking next year, I'm going to knit my loved ones all new stockings and line them for durability. It's a project I can do over the year and maybe stuff them when I'm done. Oh, I like the ideas I get when I visit you.

Enjoy your holidays.

Empty Nester said...

I love the stockings too! I loved them growing up and I love doing them for the kids now. and they never get tired of them either! I want to meet Wendell too! He has quite the personality for a horse, doesn't he?

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

I think stockings are the best...but I've been living with men who don't get the stocking...I guess I'd better train them better!! I miss all the little goodies!

Cindy said...

This year we were trying to go away for the holidays to be with our oldest daughter in North Carolina but that didn't work out. I remember letting the other two here know we were thinking of going and the comment I got was, "oh, no we won't get stockings this year!" Imagine. Yes I hear everyone asking are you ready for Christmas also, unless that is every year and I don't pay any attention to it. I think we are in the same Christmas boat, I have one gift I'd like to finish, groceries, and bake some goodies. Merry Christmas

Patrice said...

Stockings are a favorite of mine too!
Have a Merry Christmas-
Patrice

Anonymous said...

I wish you and your family a Merry X-mas and all best in the New Year ;-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin