Thursday, April 28, 2011

A - Z Challenge: Xie Xie

A couple of years ago, I took some lessons in speaking Mandarin.   Another one of those things that I'd always wanted to do.  Today, I can remember off the top of my head only two phrases.  "Xie xie" (pronounced 'sheh sheh')  is one of them.  It means "thank you".


So today's post is a thank you to the hosts for the A - Z Challenge.  And a thank you to everyone who has visited, commented or become a follower.  I know the challenge isn't quite done yet but I wanted to say I've had a blast.  I've met so many wonderful bloggers here and I'm planning to visit with them often.  I'll make some tea.   I'm chuffed that so many visitors found something in my posts to keep them coming back.  My usual morning stroll down this village street has been enriched with so many new friends to greet. 

So, here's to you all:  XIE XIE!

10 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your challenge posts have been great! But then again, all of yours are.

Empty Nester said...

I completely agree with you! It has been a blast AND a challenge! I know that I have totally enjoyed all of your posts!

Rudee said...

Who wouldn't love following your blog? It's one of the highlights of my day! I always learn something new here, and now I know how to say thank you in Mandarin.

Joanna said...

Good to know how to say thank you in any language. I've enjoyed all your A-Z posts--as usual.

SquirrelQueen said...

Your blog is always a pleasure to visit. The creativity of your posts make for very interesting viewing. Looking forward to seeing your Y and Z.

Cindy said...

I have been away and missed most of the A-Z however plan to take part if ever another.
Even though you only remember a small amount it is wonderful to put a check mark beside something like I've learned to speak Mandarin. Thank you

SELVIDGE by Rachida S said...

Thank you for sahring this wonderful journey with us :)

Jan Morrison said...

wonderful - a late joiner to your blog but I'll be back. I'm knitting a toe on a sock and watching bits of the wedding. ha.

Jan Morrison said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stephanie V said...

Selvidge - I've tried commenting on your blog but the comment box isn't working. Has anyone else had this problem?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin