Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday Wonders - Z

Z is for Zest.


A visit to the veggie patch produced some tasty treats to put in any meal we choose.  Lots of extra zestiness here.


And while, the others worked the garden, I zoomed  in on a fly having it's own zesty adventure on a leek bloom.  Aren't they both gorgeous?


And, now, here I am at the end of the alphabet again.  There's a whole lot of words - and stuff to match - in the world .  Besides,  it's fun.  Come back next week for a new beginning.

6 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a fun post! And I bet that you knit that hat in the first picture! I've never seen a leek bloom. And you did capture the pretty green on the fly, but still, ick! Now I want to see and hear about what you make with all these goodies!

Stephanie V said...

Ginny - I didn't knit that hat - her mommy did. She's pretty talented with the needles.

Mimi said...

Stephanie, you've got a bountiful harvest there! Looks like you'll have no use for the green tomato chutney recipe, but I'll post it this week anyway.
The girls are so beautiful.
And I've never seen a leek blossom before, so something new learned today.
Finally, I'm delighted that you're doing this alphabet again- I look forward to your posts each Sunday, and your interpretation of each letter- great!

Angie said...

Good crop of veg!! I love the look of the leek (I have some dried flowersof it stuck in a vase!)

April said...

Very nice word and pictures. So, it's with "zest" you also begin again.

Jeannette StG said...

Awesome shots of the fly in the blooms!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin