Monday, June 28, 2010

Ruby Tuesday

While at sea, I found lots of red to share for Ruby Tuesday.  It seems to be a very popular color for all things marine.

Here's a fire hose with ready nozzle on our car ferry...


And a boat which had just brought some folks to the mainland to shop or go to work....


This man was enjoying a quiet cup of coffee as we floated past.. Yes, we all waved...and he waved back.

My favorite is this well-stocked little boat.  There was every gadget you could imagine for fishing and getting around at sea.  Some were pretty primitive looking, some were obviously inventions of necessity and handy materials while some were up-to-the-minute electronics.  It was like looking at the whole life story of this boat and its owner.

For more photos with a touch of red, visit Mary T.  She's a great host and is right here every Tuesday.  Have a look.  Better yet, sign in and play along.

9 comments:

rebecca said...

i so enjoyed my visit here.
lovely...

Reanaclaire said...

nice hobby.. to go relaxing on a boat during the weekend especially.. coming by via ginny's blog.. have a nice day..

reanaclaire.com

aspiritofsimplicity said...

There is nothing like being on the water in the morning.

Hootin Anni said...

Oh my gosh....I, for some reason, LOVE the boat's name!

Around our home, sometimes I've been called Raggedy Anni. Too bad this didn't have the 'i' instead of the 'e'. Still love the name tho. LOL

My Tuesday Post

Robin said...

Great reds, and I feel cooler just looking at those photos :).

-----------------------------------
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!

Gattina said...

Makes me think of holidays!

EG CameraGirl said...

I guess red shows up well on the water. :) Love the name of the boat Raggedy Anne. Perfect for a red boat.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wonderful, cheery pictures! My favorite is the cute Raggedy Anne tugboat! I see a tempting glimpse of blue inside, and I would love to ride on it!

Glennis said...

A rather marine day, nice and ruby!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin