Thursday, May 27, 2010

Columbines - Part 2

Ginny requested photos of all the colors.  Here they are:


the light pink again but in a different location...


a medium pink...


a darker pink...


purple...


kind of a brick-red...


This is Nora Barlow just opening.  There are no spurs like the others just these pink 'quills'.  She's not at her best these days and we'll have to help her out.  At first, we had her in the front yard and somehow she gradually moved to the back.  Not enough sun, I think.  I wonder how that complete change of location could happen?


And, just for fun, these columbines are blooming in my daughter-in law's garden.  We tried to grow them but I think the other resident plants sent out warning vibes and they never grew.  It's OK, though,  as they need a lot of space to be appreciated.  The flower is twice the size of ours. 

I don't know if there's rules about sending columbine seeds through the mail.  If not, and anyone wants them let me know.  My email address is on the profile. 

7 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a treat!!! Thanks so much. My favorites are the purple and the Nora Barlow. Your garden must be like paradise! I would like some seeds! Do you think they would get confiscated as drugs? Ha ha! But who knows? I'll e-mail you.

Joanna said...

Hey Stephanie,
If you're serious, I would love to have some columbine seeds. I adore those flowers.
I'll send you my address by email.
Joanna

Stephanie V said...

Serious...yes. Seeds will be collected when the pods are ripe and sent to you both.
Anyone else? Just let me know.

Rachel Cotterill said...

So pretty! I'm 99% sure you wouldn't be allowed to send seeds to me, though - we have rules about importing plants.

Rudee said...

They are just gorgeous. For some reason, the color purple has been calling me lately. I love all of them, but the purple is just stunning.

I am not a knowledgeable gardner. Will they do well in Michigan?

Johnny Nutcase said...

ohh! they're all soooo pretty but that darker purple - ohh la la!

April said...

Beautiful Columbines! The colours are so gorgeous.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin