Thursday, April 15, 2010

Strange find

One of my volunteer jobs is restoring donated dolls - and the toys with hair - to their former beauty for resale at a local church thrift store.


Yesterday, I had a huge Rubbermaid container full of interesting offerings.  After removing a small mountain of clothes to the laundry basket, here's what I had left to work on:  Barbies, Bratz, babies and My Little Pony.  Even some GI Joes  - don't you love that guy's big wavy black hair?


But the best of the treasures is this Miss Piggy-like doll.  Since I've never seen Miss Piggy sans clothes, I'm not too sure who - or what - is represented here.  I have nothing in my clothes 'cupboard' to fit her curves but she has come in her own corset-type garment.  And, did you notice the size of that diamond she's sporting on her ring finger?

  Ooh, la, la!

7 comments:

Rudee said...

She looks like a Dolly Parton/Miss Piggy hybrid. I didn't know Miss Piggy had such a figure.

SquirrelQueen said...

I don't think I have ever seen a Miss Piggy doll. Love the ring.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

She's kind of scary. I know I would not have liked her as a child. In fact I'm still kind of scared and I'm a grown up.

Mimi said...

The ring is hilarious, but I think the head looks as though it belongs on another doll?
So, what are you going to dress her in? Will you sew and knit some stuff?

Stephanie V said...

Rudee - now why didn't I think of Dolly? That's perfect.

SQ - I know I've never seen such a thing before!

hip chick - Yeah, I agree. There's something Lord of the Flies about her head.

Mimi - I thought that the head was wrong at first, too. But it seems to belong. No, I don't think I'll be dressing her. The only outfit I can think of would be some kind of weird bridal gown - with a very thick veil. It's the ring, I know.

Catherine said...

At least she doesn't have a barbie-doll-like skinniness - she's quite buxom! I never knew she had a doll - always thought of her more as a soft cuddly toy! You must have a lot of fun making them over. By the way I replied to your comment on my bike post over at the post. take care,
Catherine

Angie said...

All Miis Piggy needs is a feather boa! What an fun thing to do.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin