Thursday, January 14, 2010

So busy

Busy, yes!  I am having fun, though it may not be what everyone would call fun.  I've been spending lots of hours planning a planning session for our seniors' association board .  That's done and now I'm dealing with all the results of our planning.     It is all very good stuff...the year ahead looks like it could be really exciting.  But even the most exciting project has a lot of prep work before it wows the world.

I have found some time to knit - it helps me think!  All the gloves are now finished...I have this pattern memorized now.  Well, maybe not the cabled part (that's not intuitive at all) but the glove part, for sure.  And it's not that I didn't enjoy making them, I did.  But it's time for something different.  And some of those gift yarns - lacework, yes!



I took a couple of pictures but the last pair of gloves were packed up before I could get their picture taken.  Shy, they were.   The ones on the right are made with alpaca  and silk.  They are soft and warm and so-o light.  The shy gloves are exactly like the gray ones on the left - think light blue yarn. 



So, I have a couple more meetings and a few more piles of paper to get through.  Then I'll be back.

7 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Beautiful gloves, and I love the way they are kind of long, to keep the lower arm warm!

Mimi said...

Stephanie, they are beautiful! I too love the long look!

Anonymous said...

I love that pattern.

Rudee said...

Those gloves are so darned pretty. I love the non-intuitive part the best.

Stephanie V said...

Yeah, you'd think I'd have that cable pattern down pat - the number of times I had to tink because I zigged when I should have zagged.

Paws on the Run said...

I think the shy gloves will send you a picture from their new home. I can't wait! I love the cable pattern.

Lindy said...

Beautiful gloves, and I like the longer wrists on them. Very elegant looking.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin