Thursday, January 21, 2010

Long career

This morning, while reading the paper,  I noticed that  the soundtrack for the latest Alvin & the Chipmunks movie was number 6 on the music chart.   They were above Taylor Swift but not so high as Mary J Blige. 

Since I remember when the Chipmunks first began to perform, this seemed a very long career indeed.  After 50 plus years most human voices have begun to show signs of wear and tear.  Not so these chipmunks! 

A quick trip to Wikipedia showed that they began in 1958 with David Seville (aka Ross Bagdasarian Sr).  Remember him from "Witch Doctor"?   Alvin and his brothers have outlived the first David and are now 'working with' his son.  I see the cast is much bigger for the latest movie.


I'm not saying that I'll rush out to see this movie but it's comforting to know that everything from my childhood is not so olden days! Although, Alvin does seem to have become tougher-looking and edgier , he still sings the same. 

5 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Yes, I remember Alvin, and also Witch Doctor. Walla Walla Bing Bang! Remember Purple People Eater? And Ahab the Arab? I'm glad the chipmunks are still around. A fun trip dowm memory lane!

Mimi said...

I can't remember the Chipmunks, but maybe my memory would be jogged if I went to see the movie.
It is fun to see things from our time come back though!

Mimi said...

Stephanie, i keep forgetting to say I joined up on Ravelry...oh my, what a brilliant site. Thanks for recommending it.

Stephanie V said...

Mimi, if you'd ever heard them, you'd never forget. Think gerbils on helium.

Ravelry is brilliant...glad you got on. Look for rowanberrystudio and I'll add you to my friends.

EG CameraGirl said...

Hahaha! We live in interesting times. People with iPods listening to the Chipmunks. What a contrast! ;-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin