Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sunday wonders - N

N is for Nativity and Noel...



We don't have a lot of space for Christmas decorating .  Our house is small - and very full.  We have edited as much as possible and given away to family a lot of big decorations.  Our tree is only two feet high and we call him Dougie.  Only the tiniest of ornaments can - and do - adorn his greenery.  I like the lights, so we have lots of fairy lights around to give me my Christmas bling.



We have some special things that we have kept, though.  A Nativity that was made by Anne's mother and father.



And a few very small ones from her aunt's much larger collection.



And I have a collection of Santas - or Pere Noel.  Does a collection become Peres Noels?  Just trying to keep to  the letter N.


This is just a part of what I've collected these over the years and each year I'm surprised all over again at how many there are.  Most are fun, some are sentimental and a few are really special.

7 comments:

Rudee said...

I love your decorations.

Dougie is beautiful. The nativity pieces are so unique.

Mimi said...

The Nativity made by Anne's mother and father is just beautiful. And obviously her brother inherited the woodworking talent.
And I like your collection of Santas, I have a small collection too, which I'll post today or tomorrow.
Lovely Noel post, Stephanie.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I just love the two beautiful nativities! And your little tree is just so full and lush, beautifully decorated! Our tree is small, only four feet. Beautiful things can come in small packages.

Angie said...

Your collection looks so much cleaner than mine - my mum called them 'dust collectors'. She was so right!!! I have one little santa that I found in the garden when I first moved in.

Angie said...

PS here is another knitting + blog
http://shutupandknit.typepad.com/knitgirl/

Jane said...

Lovely decorations!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your decorations, I didn't know about the Pere Noels.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin