Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sunday wonders - K


K is for a cat named Kalika.

She came into our lives over ten years ago when we adopted her from the SPCA as a gift for my younger son.  All of these photos are pretty old now as she passed away suddenly while taking a tour of the neighborhood - one of her favorite activities.

We thought she was the most beautiful and loving cat ever...probably most people feel that way about their pets.  She always made sure she was in our spotlight...



She liked to be warm and 'tested' the quilts out while they were still on the frame.  I  always had to leave a towel for her. 



She even had her own quilt in her basket.



Every now and then, I think about another cat.  But, really, she kind of spoiled us. 

4 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

What sweet pictures of a very special cat! A lovely memorial to her. When we were young marrieds, we had three cats, then I got allergic, but we just love cats.

Lindy said...

Awwwwwwwww, so cute! Especially like the photo of her curled up in her basket. What a pretty baby and a sweet tribute to her memory.

Rose said...

I feel the same way about my dog, Lacey, who died in 1993. I had her for ten years and I've never loved another. She spoiled me for dogs. I think my next pet will be a cat, but I'm still not ready. Glad you have your photos and memories.

Angie said...

Amazing how they take over your heart, house & life. Gorgeous! Great memories.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin