Friday, September 4, 2009

Participation

I've been given an offer I can't refuse...

Here's the thing: I have never participated in a Knitalong (KAL) before. Usually they're done by knitters who meet regularly. The KAL provides support and encouragement as everyone works through the pattern. Online KALs are becoming quite common, too, and follow the same format. For me, I've never belonged to a group and online KALs haven't used patterns that appealed to me.

So, what's the offer? A KAL where you can choose your own pattern and knit along with fellow bloggers. Stroll on over to Sticks on Fire and join in the fun. Rudee has dreamed up a KAL with individuality built in. The only restriction is that the pattern be from Interweave Knits Fall 2009. I can live with that - there are a lot of nifty ideas to choose in this issue. I got so excited that I chose my pattern from an online perusal of the mag.




The pattern is the Farmer's Market Cardigan by Connie Chang Chinchio and I just love the pockets. And the collar and that texture. It could become my new favorite cardi. Of course, I couldn't wait to shop for yarn. I've chosen a denim blue wool and bamboo blend from elann. I can hardly wait for that box to drop onto my front step.

I'm supposed to wait until September 21 to cast on. It's good timing - I should be finished the pink shawl by then. If I'm still really needing to be distracted, I ordered some sock yarn to keep me amused.

4 comments:

Rudee said...

That should be beautiful in that denim shade. I thought about this cardi myself, but I love that wrap. It's so me! I hope others join in--I think it'll be fun.

Anonymous said...

I read about that KAL yesterday. That cardi is a great choice for you.

Mimi said...

Aw Stephanie, you're making me sad now, I can't join in as I simply wouldn't have the time. Wish I was retired now!
Your cardigan will look fabulous in the denim blue yarn, I can't wait to see it.
(I don't really wish I was retired- I'm sounding like an impatient brat!)

Paws on the Run said...

Fun! I love the pattern around the collar.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin