Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Kind of cool


Remember my pink socks? I think the colorway was called "Sugar". Well, I liked the yarn so much that I bought another couple of balls - this time in a green colorway called "Kelp". When the socks were knit up, they did look like kelp floating in the ocean on a very sunny day.

After knitting the grown-up socks, I had remnants and I like to knit kids' socks with these leftover bits. I was wondering what would happen if I knit one round in pink and one round in green throughout. Here's the result. Isn't it wonderful? I call it "Skyblue Pink" and these are for Becky. Because of the way I do short-row heels, there's part which is just green and the toe I made just pink for balance. The other sock will be the opposite due to yarn distribution.

I'm looking through my remnants for more that I can do after this. Great fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My dad always called things Skyblue pink. Love the socks.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin