Tuesday, July 29, 2008

At last!


No, not my presence...I have finished the rug I've been working on for what seems like years. I think it's only months, though. The background looks simple but actually takes a lot of time. And I'm such a control freak, I can't just have hit and miss with random strips. Oh, no; I must use only 7 or 8 different fabrics and they all have to relate to the picture. But, enough whinging.

I love it and, more important, Anne loves it - since it was made for her. It's on the white plank floor of the sewing/hooking room now. Looks pretty good there, too.

2 comments:

Paws on the Run said...

It's absolutely gorgeous. I saw a book on Van Gogh the other day and the painting on the cover had a background that reminded me of the background on this rug.

Anonymous said...

The background is masterful, it looks wonderful.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin