Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Jacket research

I usually do this first but was so taken with my own imagination, I did the story part before getting any facts.

Claymore Clothes has been around in Vancouver since 1963 and has relocated to a new address on Hastings St. They became a limited company in 1982. At least I assume so since that date now appears in their name. What was really interesting is that their stock in trade is now uniforms. They make all sorts of police and fire fighter uniforms as well as the Governor General's House Guard. And they made the uniforms and costumes for Battlestar Galactica. Now you know, too.

Oh, and they have strong union work standards. No sweatshop here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must admit I was an "enquiring mind" that was too lazy to find the answers. They certainly have a niche market. I am glad theat some things are still made in B.C.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin