Friday, March 7, 2008

Experiment


So, here's the first soakers. Do you call them a pair of soakers? A. thinks they look like pants for a chicken. Unfortunately, I can sort of see that vision. Darn, I'll never look at them the same way again. My own vision involved hot water bottles with legs. Not a whole lot better, is it? I think it's the high waist that gives them an out-of-proportion look. This is the 'curly purly' pattern.

Anyway, they were fun to knit and pretty easy. But I'll definitely pay more attention to gauge and needle size (there are three size changes in this pattern) as these are just slightly smaller than I had anticipated. Because they're so stretchy I think it'll be OK for a newborn. I'm going to make some for Charlie now and he's a bit bigger. I'd better get that size thing right.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin