Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Doing it all


I have been reluctant to start a blog because I could never figure out how bloggers did all the stuff and had time to write about it, too. Now, I know that some knitters have been known to type with their toes while still knitting but my typing is slow enough without trying that. Talk about patting your head and rubbing your tummy at the same time. Yikes!
But, here I am back again. I've been doing all that hookin' , knittin and livin in the title. The rug is actually almost finished but I only have a picture of it half-done - too busy to take another pic. I decided to fill in the background with a modified hit-and-miss using two navy blue wools plus a couple of dark green. I kind of like the swirly effect - sort of butterflies in a night garden. Since the title is 'Butterflies Dream', I think it works. The deadline looms (Feb 27) and hooking is the fun and easy part. The dreaded finishing is what takes time.
I hate finishing anything I make. It would be nice to just have an assistant who liked to do that part. Weave in the yarn ends of knitting, block the garment, bind the rugs and put in the hems and sew on buttons. So tedious - and yet so-o important. Dream on...

2 comments:

Paws on the Run said...

Isn't that what mom is for? ;)

Anonymous said...

I clicked on your photo, I like the background as well. Plain navy would be boring! The mix of colours captures the movement.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin